Sit Down Comedy: Call out for contributors
Screen Australia have supported the development of a sketch comedy show led by Ade Djajamihardja who himself is a stroke survivor and wheelchair user.
The show’s working title is Sit Down Comedy and it will be a hilarious online comedy, designed to disable discrimination. The central character is a person who uses a wheelchair (hence the title Sit Down Comedy).
Members of the community are invited to contribute
- Are you a person with a disability or a person connected with the disability community who would like to be involved with this program in some way?
- Have you been disabled from reaching your full potential?
- If so what talents or skills could you bring to this show?
- Would you be interested in being considered as on-camera talent or a contributor in the writer’s room, or some other role?
Please email your answers to the following questions. You are welcome to respond with video content, a word document – whatever takes your fancy.
1. Why would you like to be involved with Sit Down Comedy? (working title) (This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate your wit and humour and tell us what talent you could bring to the table). What type of role would you be interested in? (eg. Acting, crew, writing, graphic artist, marketing?)
2. This is a sketch comedy; so if you are interested in writing then please do tell us something funny (maximum 500 words). Maybe you would like to share the most absurd thing that has happened to you or just tell us a funny story that is in some way connected to disability.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 27 April.
This may or may not lead to further involvement. We encourage new talent to apply.