Nexus 2018 applications open
Nexus is a new professional development program for young artists with lived experience of mental health recovery.
- Applications open from 31 August 2018 to 5 October 2018.
- Workshops will be held every Friday for eight weeks from 1pm to 4pm starting Friday 12 October 2018 and finishing Friday 30 November 2018 at Arts Access Victoria – 222 Bank Street, South Melbourne.
- This program is specifically for people with experience of mental health diversity who are resident in Victoria. You must be available to attend all the sessions.
Arts Access Victoria (AAV) is delighted to announce the inaugural Nexus professional development program. This eight-week program offers twelve fully subsidised places for Victorian artists and creatives aged between 18 and 27 years who identify with mental health recovery.
Led by lived experience artist and producer Heidi Everett and AAV’s creative producer Phil Noack, Nexus will cover essential themes in contemporary arts practice, including:
- Awesome guest speaker/motivators from some of Melbourne’s best arts producers
- Building your profile – and how your lived experience can be one of your greatest assets
- Developing confidence in your artistic voice
- Connecting in with arts industry and people
- Building support for your creative projects and aspirations
- All those questions about getting ‘out there’
The structure of the program includes both group and one-on-one sessions, with lots of interactive learning and opportunity for practice placements. Artists will also have the opportunity to co-design elements of the program to suit their particular needs and interests.
How to apply
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 5 October 2018.
For more information and to apply contact Heidi Everett on 86406018 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts Access Victoria Nexus team will be reviewing applications in the second week of October and advising applicants shortly thereafter.