16 March Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Update for particpants, family and carers regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the number of cases of Coronavirus reported around the globe are increasing in their number and reach, AAV is planning for scenarios that are no longer merely hypothetical.
It is likely that. in the coming weeks and months, a staff member or participant may be directly impacted by coronavirus COVID-I9. In light of this. the executive team have developed a contingency plan aimed at minimising and managing the impact that such an event would have. Some of the initiatives currently in place or in development include:
- AAV is receiving daily updates from Department of Health & Human Services.
- Improved hygiene practices for staff and participants with more intensive cleaning being undertaken.
- Avoiding person to person physical contact where possible (such as handshakes) and cancelling meetings.
- Cancellation of all events until the end of April.
- Implementing a formal process for managing an instance where a staff member or participant informs us of a positive diagnosis of Coronavirus COVID-19.
- Updating the AAV’s website with the latest communications.
Staff or program participants cannot attend work or programs and must stay at home and self-quarantine for 14 days if they have returned from overseas or have been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
For more information on the Coronavirus, please visit the Department of Health & Human Services's website.