Get Out! is a visual and performing arts program for adults with disability, providing respite for their families and voluntary carers
Get Out! is designed for adults with disability, including those with an intellectual, physical, sensory disability or an acquired brain injury. Get Out! is facilitated by professional visual and performing artists, and qualified support workers.
Please click here to read the latest issue of Get Out! News.
Lead artist Katie Lockett, supporting artist Lea Czikowski and On Site Coordinator Adam Teeuwsen work with Get Out! participants to introduce new visual and performing art forms and develop existing skills. The program has developed over nine years in response to the direct interests, needs and skills of participants. Workshops are exploratory, developmental, skill based, social and fun.
Get Out! outcomes include:
- Diane Doesn’t Sleep (2009), an engaging, surreal performance featuring art, stories, music and sculpture, performed at Cube 37, Frankston Arts Centre.
- No Drama (2011), a series of small vignettes showcasing individual and group works.
- The Happy Stage (2012), presented as a showcase of current works to an intimate audience.
- Frog in a Cage (2014), a staged production presented in partnership with Cube 37 at Frankston Arts Centre.
Get Out! is run at Cube 37, Frankston Arts Centre. This venue is completely accessible and offers a creative community arts space to work in.
- Located at Cube 37, Frankston Arts Centre, Corner Davey and Young streets, Frankston
- Available for up to 18 participants
- Morning and afternoon tea provided
- For dates and further detail, click here
- Bring lunch and snacks
- Wear art-friendly clothing, or bring an apron
- Bring change of clothes if necessary, tissues and anything else you require
To comply with our funding guidelines, participants must:
- Live with a family member or voluntary carer
- Be over 18 years
- Live in the Frankston or Mornington Peninsula local council areas
Bookings will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Previous enrolment does not guarantee a place.
Please note, there is currently a waiting list for this program. However we warmly welcome all enquiries. Please phone for more information, and to book a studio visit. Please contact:
Arts Development Officer
Ph: 03 9699 8299