Peer Mentoring Program
Women with Disabilities Victoria is leading the way for the rights of Victorian women with disabilities. We think our greatest strength is our members.
Our members are passionate about implementing change at government level and in our community so that the rights of women with disabilities are upheld.
Women with Disabilities Victoria provides support and mentoring to our members and all women with disabilities as leaders, advocates and community educators. We would like to invite you to be a participant and/or mentor in a peer mentoring program that will focus on developing leadership, representation and advocacy skills.
The program will focus on:
• current issues of concern to women with disabilities
• identifying your skills and strengths as a representative/ advocate
• presentation skills
• meeting processes and communication
• using technology to support your case
• expectations for representatives of Women with Disabilities Victoria.
We will craft the program and its content to suit your needs as a participant. The final program will be guided by you. The program will consist of six 3-hour sessions held weekly.
Who is the program for?
To participate in the program, you must:
• Be a woman with a disability
• Commit to attending all sessions
• Be willing to listen, and to be open and supportive to other participants.
Participants will develop the skills to act as peer mentors to each other.
We expect that the program will commence in late September, with dates to be determined with participants.
To register your interest or to find out more about the project please contact:
Project Officer for Peer Mentoring and Support (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday)
- Melbourne Metro
- 9664 9342